ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 325 Posts

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my official build thread for my car. Right now due to known miata primer problems i have paint falling off when i wash the car. However soon it will be repainted and look very nice.

Alright I my dad got the car about at least six years ago and since day one i have been working on it. When we first got it it had mass amount of sand like the previous owner was smuggling south beach. I have been doing little things here and there until I turned 16. Then i started to buy the some bigger important things. I will add more info and pictures over this thanksgiving break.

Recently I took it to motion motorsport down behind lexus of west kendall. They are great people to work with. I had some to replace my pvc valve and get my soft top checked out due to leaks.

I had the clutch replaced about 3 years ago. I did some nice things to the interior to spruce it up.

Ill also post some future build ideas.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: xbeatles4x's Crystal White frightening

I know i have only a few i am going to take the photos tomorrow and tuesday.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well here is a photo of how my car sits today. I'll take some better photos once I install the parts in my garage

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well for paint i was thinking of the same color for now at least. Im going to take some photos now of stuff.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thank you to clutch dust for the door sills, and thank you to quinn for the power antenna. Now i just have to wait for them to get here and my new rain rail.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
From one CW owner to another I wish you the best of luck on your build.

I can't wait to repaint my car in the factory white. White cars look amazing with fresh paint.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well i am taking photos right now and i just ordered an oscillating tool with some extra attachments so when i get arround to installing a rollbar i am ready. I am also ready for some other projects i plan on doing.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i have some photos of what i did recently

this is what my car looked like with the wiring before i started. Nothing wrong just wanted to make the wiring correct. It was wired straight to the fuse box under the steering wheel and did not give me confidence.

this is the factory pigtail that was in the car. Apparently the car came wired from the factory for a radio, even though mine did not have one.

wires going to the speakers.

found out that i had to poke these out to get the speaker wire to go through.

this is how the wire went to the door initially not really a pretty site.

this is my attempt at soldering the aftermarket stereo harness to a harness i bought online for the factory pig tail.

there it is finally found the factory speaker wiring. It only took me a few years to find it. Boy would it have made life easier if i would have found it years back when i first installed the radio.

car being taken apart. Not a pretty sight.

made a quick break for some green tea. Can not get enough Arizona green tea.

put the car back together.

here is my awesome power antenna that i got from a forum member. Thanks by the way works great.

here is more photos of the car taken apart

last here is my nice leather steering wheel skin that i got. It is perforated and is really nice. I highly recommend it.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I should note that the car did not come factory with a radio. I installed one with my dad about 5 years ago and we made it work but did not do it the right way. How were we suppose to know that the car came wired from factory for an antenna, speakers and radio. Oh well now i finally did it right and now my power antenna works great.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright it looks like i might get a boss frog double hoop rollbar this winter break so that i have some time to actually install it in the car.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Arizona Green Tea, word. That shits awesome. My family and I drink it, and I swear it boosts your immune system or something. We never get sick.

Oh, and sweet miata, good work on putting the radio in!

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
If you need any help with the car and don't mind a drive, the guys have been meeting up at Tem's place in Miami lakes to work on the cars. You're more than welcome to drive up and lend a hand or to have a hand given.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks. If and when i get the rollbar ill make a similar photo build

If you need any help with the car and don't mind a drive, the guys have been meeting up at Tem's place in Miami lakes to work on the cars. You're more than welcome to drive up and lend a hand or to have a hand given.

thanks. let me know if anyone needs help and ill see if i can, and if i do ill let you know.

·
Murse Magnet
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Well so far I am not too deep into the price so far. Payed $550 for the hardtop, $45 for antenna, $317 for the bbs rims, I think about $80 for the lip, $180 for the frame rail. Maybe a rollbar soon and it looks like i might get some fm swaybars. $60 for the mudflaps

1 - 20 of 325 Posts