ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 784 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Round 2
For those of you who don't know, I'm Greg and I have a modding problem. I bought this car after going through hell and back with my protege, on 5/15/10. It was bought used from a private seller for 2,800 and she had 169,432 miles on her. My goal for this car is constantly changing but overall, I just want to make her my own. Meet Scarlett! annnnnd unfortunately, after almost 4 years of ownership.. smog was due which I knew I wouldn't pass, I was getting tired of the cons of an old car and an expensive list of repairs needed so I parted out then bought a brand new Scion FRS. Then built a Rocket Bunny. It was fun while it lasted!

05/16/10

06/05/10

5/21/11

06/21/13

02/01/14

06/07/14

-Mod List-

Exterior:
Godspeed Type-4 50mm Green Close End Lug Nuts, Spaced Front Fenders, Rota Grid-V Gloss White 15x9" -15, Autokonexion V1 Carbon Fiber Fender Flares, Planet Miata Feed Style Fiberglass Side Skirts, Shine Auto RE-Amemiya Style Pro Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser, Autokonexion V1.5 Carbon Fiber Trunk, Autokonexion Carbon Fiber Finish Panel, Red Out Tail Lights, MazdaFitment.com Green Sticker, Garage Star License Plate Bracket, WFC#1991 Green Sticker, Canibeat Green Sticker, Slammed Society Sticker, Fatlace Green Sticker, Boobies Black Sticker, Stance: Nation Form>Function White Sticker, I Never Narc'd On Nobody Sticker, Project-G Hardtop Spoiler, Shorty Antenna, OEM Non-Defroster Hardtop, Turn Signal Intakes, V-LED Amber 1157 24 LED Front Turn Signals/Parking Lights, DDM Tuning 35W 6000k H4 Apexcone Raptor Bi-Xenon HID Kit, Garage Vary Urethane Front Lip, Angry Miata Eyelids, Clear Lens H4 Headlights, 5% Tint, Windshield Wiper Delete, Socalmazda.net Purple Decal
Interior:
JDM 150mm Teal Bubble Shift Knob, Bride Gias Gradation Replica Seats, Clutch Safety Switch Bypass, Soft Top Delete, Auto Meter Z-Series Boost Gauge, AEM Uego Wideband, Auto Meter Z-Series Oil Temperature Gauge, V-LED Green 194 Gauge Bulbs, TDR Single Din 3 Gauge Holder Panel, Wink 5 Panel Panoramic Mirror, Sun Visor Delete, Sparco Strada Steering Wheel, NRG Gen 2.5 Green Quick Release, NGR Short Hub, I <3 Boobies Green Bracelet, Sleepy Eye Controller, Illest Mini Olive Sticker, Boss Frog Seatbelt Adapters, Hard Dog Hard Core Double Diagonal Hard Top M2 Roll Bar
Stereo:
Pioneer AVH-P6300BT Flip Out Monitor w/ iPod Connection, Pioneer 6¾” Component TS-D1720C Front Speakers, Pioneer 10” Shallow Mount TS-SW251 Subwoofer, Pioneer GM Digital Class-D GM-7500M Amplifier, Custom Package Tray Sub Box
Performance:
Hankook Ventus R-S3 225/45 Tires, Turbo Oil Restrictor, Turbosmart Black Manual Boost Controller, BEGi S3 GT2860RS Turbo Kit, NGR Type S Blow Off Valve, Flyin Miata Dual Feed Fuel Rail, Denso 450cc Fuel Injectors, Enthuza 2.75" Resonated Test Pipe, MegaSquirt Plug-N-Play Standalone, Flyin Miata Stage 1 Clutch, Depowered Steering Rack, Steel Skid Plate, Enthuza 3" Turbo Racer Cat Back Exhaust, Corksport Urethane Exhaust Hangers, Stance GR+ Full Coilovers, Rear Sway Bar Delete, Mazdaspeed Engine Mounts, Motor Mount Spacers, Energy Suspension Differential Mounts, Washer Fluid Reservoir Delete, SPEC Lightweight Flywheel, TDR Stainless Steel Clutch Line
Engine Appearance:
Cam Gear Cut Out, You Like This Sticker, NGK Blue Spark Plug Wires
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Plans-
In The Mail:
To Be Installed:
Being Bought Very Soon:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Future Mods/Wish List-
Exterior:
GT 57" Carbon Fiber Wing Deck, Blackbird Fabworx Custom Finish Panel Bolt In Aluminum Uprights, Garage Vary Large Carbon Fiber Canards, Autokonexion Carbon Fiber Vented Hood w/ Louver, Aerocatch Flush Locking Hood Pins, RetroFix Bi-xenon 35w 5000k Morimoto Mini Stage III Retrofit w/ Green Shields & XB LED Halos, APR Universal Carbon Fiber Splitter, APR Carbon Fiber Mirrors, OEM Rear Bumper Replacement, OEM Front Bumper Replacement, Repaint
Interior:
Hard Dog Bolt-In Gloss White Harness Bar, Takata Racing 3-Inch 4-Point Driver Harness, Takata Racing 3-Inch 4-Point Passenger Harness, Powdercoat Roll Bar Gloss White, Roll Bar Black Foam Padding, Redline Goods Black Leather w/ Green Stripes and Stitching Shift Boot, Autokonexion Carbon Fiber Door Cards, NRG Quick Release Black Lock, I.L. Motorsport Center Console, Roadster Floor Mats, Carbon Miata Carbon Fiber Door Sills, BeatRush Rear Strut Bar
Stereo:
Performance:
JDM BP Motor Swap, Enthuza 2.75” Testpipe, Dual HKS Carbon Ti Mufflers, Walbro 190HP Fuel Pump, Flyin Miata Oil Cooler, Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator, Mishimoto Aluminum Fan Shroud, Samco Green Upper Radiator Hose, 160 Degree Thermostat, Kaaz 1.5 Way LSD, Flyin Miata Frame Rails, Beatrush Front Strut Bar, DBA High Performance Cross Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Hawk Performance Plus Brake Pads, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines
Engine Appearance:
Candy Green Powder Coated Cam Gears, Gloss White Powder Coated Valve Cover w/ Cam Gear Cutout, Garage Star Carbon Fiber Plug Cover, Hood Lift Kit, Satin Black Powder Coated Intake Manifold
Links
Flickr
Tumblr
YouTube
Instagram
TotalRuckus

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My latest mod has been the corksport exhaust which is dragging the res, I am in the process of trying to come up with a way to keep the res, stop dragging it and not melting my bumper all at the same time. I was thinking of getting the hangers shortened and getting a heat shield around the bumper so the tip wouldn't cause melting?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Hello Greg

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
lol. . .

Love the new exhaust note. . . .i'm very tempted by it

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
That it is. It sounds even better at WOT :mrgreen: I follow buddy every time we go on a drive just so I can listen to it :fab:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
8)

Well yesterday I did a full clean, washed her, detailed the interior, did up my rims and even did the top, she looks amazinggggg now! :D

When I get paid, I'll be picking up a Jackson Racing Header for $300. It wasnt in the plans to come so early but I'll be saving $200 off of new so I'm getting it. lol. Then soon after I'll probably end up taking the corksport to get the res removed but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright, so I contacted Corksport and Kelly told me she would talk to the engineering staff. This was about a week ago. I got another email from her this morning, she said there wasn't much I could do outside of removing the resonator but one possible solution would be the relocation of the res to the red area

but I'm not too sure if it'll clear the dif and bracing

I mean, I'm sure they took the measurments and what not before coming to this conclusion cause she said they would do it for $50, I would just have to pay shipping there and back. I'm not going to do that for sure but I mean if they were actually gonna change it for me, the must be pretty sure it'll clear.

I'm gonna get under the car later on today and check it out, hopefully there is space cause if there is, I'm getting it moved :D

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did an inspection of the res to see how thrashed it is...

I'm very impressed. Its scarred to hell but it shows no signs of actually wearing through anywhere. Towards the front and rear the metal has ripped but a quick weld will fix that so I'm really happy. It barely scrapes now so after I get the rips welded, it should be good. Doesn't look like I'll be deleting anytime soon. Oh, and as to Kelly's suggestion as to relocating the res...

Not only would it never fit, but the axle also has been digging into the pipe a little. Not enough to be a concern but enough to guarantee the res would never work in that location. I wonder what would of happen had I sent my exhaust back to CS and had them relocate to only get it back and not fit? Glad I didn't even consider that route. Outside of those two spots, the rest of the exhaust is flawless still except for this little spot...

Which seems to be hitting now before the res but just barely which is cool.

Anyway, I'm happy. lolz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Very nice man. You're inspiring my on my NB. every time i get an idea i look at ur car and think WWDD lol haha.. BTW my muffler scrapes (gotta raise the rears more) so dnt feel bad!

1 - 20 of 784 Posts