ClubRoadster.net banner

YANT - Yet Another Newbie Thread

634 views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Samantha 
#1 ·
Hi folks,

Noob here. My name is Cory and I just recently purchased a 2007 MX-5 Touring in Sunlight Silver.

Since I'm supposed to introduce myself, here I am!

#5 ·
Awesome! Welcome to Club Roadster. We were just talking the other day how we would love to have more NC owners but it's like a catch-22. If there are no other NC owners to talk to or posting content about NC how do you attract them to participate here? Be sure to park your car in the Garage section of the forum and feel free to poke around and check out some older threads from when the forum first started. I'm sure there's some good content back in the archives. Or check out this recent post for some NC Roadster love:

http://clubroadster.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5875

#8 ·
YAY FOR CORY! Coolest guy ever :)

So does your wife still have her MINI? I was sad to see yours go!

But it's nice to know you found this site :)
Hi Sam! Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, Cindy still has her MINI. And the guy who bought my MINI lives in my neighborhood - he stopped by one day right after I got my MX-5 and chatted with me about it.

#12 ·
Welcome bud. Get your check book ready. =D>
amen... mine has been severely deflated. But the miatas happy!!!

Welcome, and what made you decide to give up the Mini for an MX5? Just curious.

-Jeremy
A variety of reasons, mostly money related.

I like to autocross and the 04 MINI I had didn't have an LSD but it did have lousy gearing. So I had the choice of continuing to drive that as it was, upgrade it to an LSD + suspension to be reasonably competitive, or trade it in on something else. I traded in for a 2006 Civic Si that already had more horsepower and the LSD.

That was a very nice car but unless I was really pushing it by accelerating into VTEC or cornering hard, it was really just an econobox. Plus, at 48 y/o I'm a bit out of the target demographic for Civic owners.

So then I traded the Civic for the MX-5, much to the chagrin of my long-suffering wife. Even though it isn't as powerful as the Civic or as funny/funky as the MINI, the top comes down and that's as appealing to me as anything could be.

Plus, when I test drove it I connected with the size and layout much better than I did with either of the other cars.

So here I am.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.