ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if all goes as planned, on sunday i will be going to the dealership to put down a deposit and hold a 2007 Blaze Orange Metallic Honda Fit Sport with manual transmission.

then next week, when the car actually arrives, i'll plop down my cash and roll out!

damn, i musta been waiting and talking about this car for 2+ months. finally!

and with that, the miata gives up daily driving duties. but it still gets the garage. the fit will park outside. w00t!

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: YEEEAAAAAAH! finally. dealership with good news!

I traded in an 05 WRX with 13k miles on it for my FIT sport.

I love the thing and it handles better than the WRX did!!! Not fast at all though. It's my little appliance. It never gets washed but happily just chugs along getting no less than 30mpg no matter how hard I drive it. I've seen as high as 43mpg on freeway trips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

hrm, can't exactly say that I'd be excited to get that fast. Slow, ugly, but it does get good gas mileage and has a decent amount of space in it.

So in the end, yay for you :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts

I saw a Black one at a dealership two weeks ago and I kept look making my way back to it. They just look cool to me iono. I'd get one too.

Edit-and yea I'd deffinetly swap a k20 in one :shock:

·
Registered
83 Posts

hrm, can't exactly say that I'd be excited to get that fast. Slow, ugly, but it does get good gas mileage and has a decent amount of space in it.

So in the end, yay for you :)
I guess the looks are subjective but they are faster than a non-FI 1.6 Miata 0-60. It's for sure faster than a 1.6 miata with big 17" wheels and a "system"

It's also a good handling car for the most part.

(me saying this may just so I feel better about driving a car that is so slow....I mean, not fast.)

Here's a pic of a black FIT with springs and some of those cheap falken wheels with 615s. Not too bad looking

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts

That's a good question actually and I would have bought a Mazda 5 if they were offering the discounts and incentives they are now when I bought my FIT. At the time, I was looking there was a 5 speed Mazda 5 but they didn't seem interested in talking numbers much because it was a new release at the time I guess.

I drove an automatic version a short time ago and was pretty impressed with how it handled.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts

That's a good question actually and I would have bought a Mazda 5 if they were offering the discounts and incentives they are now when I bought my FIT. At the time, I was looking there was a 5 speed Mazda 5 but they didn't seem interested in talking numbers much because it was a new release at the time I guess.

I drove an automatic version a short time ago and was pretty impressed with how it handled.
The Mazda5 is a min-minivan. What we need is that Mazda1 over here in the US. It's like a 2 door xA.

·
Registered
83 Posts

The Mazda5 is a min-minivan. What we need is that Mazda1 over here in the US. It's like a 2 door xA.
Mini-minivan or not, it was a nice driving car. The Mazda 5 wtih the sport package or whatever is nice looking enough.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
if i had gotten the fit before this weekend, it would've come to the dyno run w/ the miata. hehe..

i put down my $500 deposit on saturday. so now i just wait for the dealership to call me.

that black fit looks nice! but i'm going to leave my fit fully stock (except i'll consider putting on the wheels i have on my miata onto the fit when my 6UL's come in). i figure i'd rather put money into the miata than the fit. so no k-series swap, sc or turbo until i either do something stupid to blow the motor or after the warranty and i'm all done with the miata (which we all know will never happen).

i'm stoked!

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts