ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of looking at my hideous yellowing plastic window. After trying various cleaning solutions to no avail, I went to Oriely's and picked up some static cling window tint. I believe it was 35% it came in a roll for about $15.

I took a roll of aluminum foil and put it across my rear window. You'll have to do it in two sections and connect it together since the foil isn't wide enough. I then gently pressed the foil into the borders of the window to get an impression (there is probably an easier way to make a template). After cutting my template and tint I installed the cling tint as you normally would..

The waviness in the window is not the tint, it's just the window. It's somewhat difficult to get the edges perfect (you can probably tell) but it doesn't effect visibility from the inside and I've had it on ever since. My advice is to rather have the tint come below the border than above it because this will lift the tint with time and get really annoying. This happened to some extent with my miata but my buddy who used the same tint on his S2000 got the edges right and his still looks perfect after 6+ months :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Definitely looks better than yellowing. I thought the only way to tint the back window was if it was glass so I upgraded from a tan soft top with a plastic window to a black with a glass window then tinted it. So much happier with the glass than the plastic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Black tops ftw! I bet you are, I can't stand the plastic it started tearing too..my plan is to rip out the whole soft top eventually. The whole thing just annoys me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So just wondering, how well does the tint stay in form with the soft top down??? The edges don't come up or anything?
Thanks!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts