ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya all,

Found this message board the other day via Google as I was looking for some information regarding wheel sizes, signed up and well...... it would be rude not to introduce myself before I started posting.

I live in the 'sometimes' sunny North Island of New Zealand, Auckland to be precise and have had my MX5 for around a year. It is a 1991 model with the usual Nardi wood bits, tan leather seats and British Racing Green in colour. It also came with a hardtop too. The car had 150kms on the clock which would equal around 95k miles I guess. I have done a few minor things to it when I first bought it such as headers + complete exhaust including a Super Turbo muffler, pod filter, front strut brace and stereo/amp/sub.

However about a month ago totally out of the blue whilst going up hill the clutch started slipping. So new clutch was bought (Exedy kit) and then things started going from there (As in adding new things, not things breaking!). Bought polished rocker cover, vented headlight, new set of KYB shocks and today I have just bought a brand new set of 15x8 OG 'Sakura' Gold rims with polished outers. I think these are really going to compliment the car. Should be up and running this weekend so will have some pics.

I don't have any pics of the car at present although I can take some pics of one of the rims if you want to be teased. ;)

Anyway, hello again and just wanted to thank all that have been helpful here as I found some useful info as I lurked while waiting to be authorized to post.

·
Registered
307 Posts
another one !!
We might out number Aussie's here yet.
good to see another Kiwi here,You will spend hours here :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the welcome people. Pics should only be another day or two away. Just finished fitting the clutch kit yesterday and put the gearbox back in. Would've had more time if it wasn't for this awful weather beating down on us this week.

Replacing all the oils today, putting exhaust back on pretty much everything then moving onto the shocks which I picked up last week. It's going to be tight getting it all up and running plus in for an alignment before Xmas at this rate. Lucky we actually have light until around 845pm!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts