ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has finally gone off to the paintshop! BRG/yellow stripes, here we come!

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
BRG/yellow stripes, here we come!
Yeeeesh, I'm going to have to wait to see it, but so far that doesn't sound very pretty...
Yeah, it's gonna be so ugly it'll look good...kinda like a shaved chihuahua. =D>
Well, let's just say, the only time I've liked the color combo is on an old Formula Ford. Other than that, it hasn't been exactly something I've thought looked good...not on an Aston Martin DB3 (3, I think...) not an a Lotus Elan.

BUT, it's your car, so have at it hoss :)

·
The Vorlon
4,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...how long have you been waiting for this?
I've been wishing for my Miata to be BRG since '91, and have intended a green w/yellow stripes paintjob on this car since '99. This isn't an impulse decision at all.

The stripes will be 11" wide separated by a 1" gap. It'll be a little non-traditional for Miata stripes (very wide compared to most), but hopefully it'll have the right proportions for the car considering the mods done to it (widebody, etc). Going wide with the stripes also departs from the Lotus traditional "Type 72" look, but I think it'll work out okay. I know it isn't a popular color combo either (you don't see it often if ever), but it's right for me :D . I just haven't ever been tempted to do any other color combo. It's okay if others don't "get it" or even like it, I'm okay with that, too. This is really one of those "to each their own" decisions. :wink:

The green isn't the Mazda BRG either. That shade has too much of an olive tone to it. The green I chose will be just as dark, but have a slight emerald-blue tint to it in bright light/sunlight. In shade or any dark environment, it'll look so dark as to almost look black. The yellow is a pure yellow, very bright and vibrant.

I can't wait to see the final result.

·
1,213 Posts
... you'll need a pimp nose badge to go with that colour scheme :wink:

I am tempted to go with gold stripes on mine but I think I will hold out fro my "zero" look with red racing roundels ( meatballs ) with a phat white border

·
Mufasa in Training
31,088 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
... you'll need a pimp nose badge to go with that colour scheme :wink:

I am tempted to go with gold stripes on mine but I think I will hold out fro my "zero" look with red racing roundels ( meatballs ) with a phat white border

You need a White Roadster for that mate!!! :twisted:

Big W. Gald to here she is finally getting painted, how cool, man your car has been under the knife for what? 2-3 years now? Its long overdue!!

PhatMiata :mrgreen:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts