ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know the tire sizing question is already long overplayed, but I have one that searching didn't really help on.

On my 95 the fenders are rolled and I have flares. I have SportMax 002 15x8s and I have never really been happy with the 205/50/15s that are on there, just because they aren't wide enough in the rear to look right, but don't grip as well as a wider tire could I think with as much power as I have going to the ground. However, up front, going with anything wider would cause a little rubbing I'm sure.

So here's my idea. I'll settle with keeping the 205/50/15s for the front for turning, and was looking at a pair of 225/50/15s for the rear to help the tire fill up the rim some more. Sound reasonable? It would cost only $25 more over a whole set of 205s and I wouldn't be able to rotate the tires, but that's ok for now.

If anyone has other suggestions, I'm definately open to them as well!

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
you sure a 225/45/15 won't fit int he front as well? getting 2 different sizes will change the balance of the car. All things being equal, it will creat more understeer than the same size front and rear will.

Also, don't go with a 225/50/15. The rolling diameter is larger. It doesn't seem like that big a difference until you put them onthe car. You will be able to tell...

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:16 pm]you sure a 225/45/15 won't fit int he front as well? getting 2 different sizes will change the balance of the car. All things being equal, it will creat more understeer than the same size front and rear will.
Don't know about 225/45s. Haven't tried that size yet.
But you make a good point.

::EDIT:: Anyone know where to get 225/45 street tires? All the ones I can find are for drag. :? Checked eBay, googled it, tirerack, treaddepot, etc. No one has any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts