ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, they're chevrons, if you want to get all technical

Picked up a free roll of silver vinyl from a sign shop (still have a lot left), took about 45 minutes to get it all done right. I like it. What do you guys think?

maybe I'll get more shots once the rain stops....

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I like them, but nobody's ever been able to explain their origins, beyond the fact that it started as a 'Vette thing to me.

Always wondered WTF was up with 'em.

Edit: Oh and.... "Fruit Stripes GUM!"

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
wrong way?. I like the chevron stripes. Im still thinkin about 1 red and 1 blue stripe on my fender.

·
Registered
465 Posts
at first glance it kinda looked like duct tape to me but could be cuz of the poor lighting. i think red with black might look better but would like to see more pics first.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
at first glance it kinda looked like duct tape to me but could be cuz of the poor lighting. i think red with black might look better but would like to see more pics first.
I thought about black, but I know of at least 2 miatas with black already, and i wanted something a little different. it looks less duct tape-y in better light. :mrgreen:

wrong way?. I like the chevron stripes. Im still thinkin about 1 red and 1 blue stripe on my fender.
wrong way as in the bottom of the stripes were pointing towards the nose, but they are supposed to face the back.

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
Here's black and red on white ... more pics on the signature link if interested.

Most people mention the Corvette Gran Sport when talking chevrons but from what I've seen of old pics they were around well before then. I've heard they were a way to tell what driver was in what car but then some had factory colors and I've also heard them called "rookie stripes" ... so who knows.

Believe it or not I've had people ask me when I'm going to finish putting them all the way across!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts