ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I put rims on yo vents, So you can look cool while you coolin down :) So I was inspired by a little guy called MintyFresh and his original idea to freshen up some droopy eyeball vents. Mine were starting to get droopy as well so I went to the local hobby store and picked up some HPI 26mm BBS replica wheels. They were a mere 8 big ones for the pair and the selection was pretty limited so I opted for the "murdered out" version. And its a little more subtle on the interior. They had chrome ones but nothing else on my interior is too shiny. I've always heard the eyeball vents are a pain to get out but I had already taken them out on my NA and I figured out a little trick. You stick a screwdriver inside the ring of the vent with the eyeball looking all the way to the right and pull the screwdriver down spinning the vent clockwise about a quarter turn and it slips right out. It takes about 3 seconds, if you want a video then I can email it to you :) The hardest part is separating the outer ring from the vent housing. I can't really describe how to do it, I think once you have them out its pretty self explanatory. I really was surprised at how perfect the wheels fit into the outer ring. So a touch of super glue and 3 minutes later I have some non droopy vents that are on the outer realm of awesome. Here are the installed pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
I did the same thing sometime last year. Airflow is surprisingly good and no longer only pointed at my knees. Plus they matched the RS's on the car. :)

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
and if you like r/c planes, you could mount little propellers to the air vents too

1 - 20 of 40 Posts