ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup all, just found out about this forum so figured i would stop in. anyways i have a 92 silverstone metallic (now painted to pearl metallic dark blue). few body mods, should be adding a apr wing and many engine mods soon. heres a few shots from couple weeks ago.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
sup all, just found out about this forum so figured i would stop in. anyways i have a 92 silverstone metallic (now painted to pearl metallic dark blue). few body mods, should be adding a apr wing and many engine mods soon. heres a few shots from couple weeks ago.
Car would look pretty decent w/ a drop & some modern rims (dang those 3 spoke chrome rims brings me back to 1995!!!!). Some folks can't stand the Veilside kit but I like it- as long as it's not in some idiotic neon color.

For the love of God though please leave off the APR wing #-o In fact anything made by APC and APR should just be avoided like the plague!!!!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Car would look pretty decent w/ a drop & some modern rims (dang those 3 spoke chrome rims brings me back to 1995!!!!). Some folks can't stand the Veilside kit but I like it- as long as it's not in some idiotic neon color.

For the love of God though please leave off the APR wing #-o In fact anything made by APC and APR should just be avoided like the plague!!!!!
Ahh... so it's Veilside.

BTW, stock height Miatas are the ****! :wink:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
You guys just don't get it. Japanese Roadster owners really wish they could be American Miata owners. So they trick their cars out with chrome Eagle 3-spoke wheels and they import Erebuni body kits direct from Brooklyn, NY (word!). Adding an APR wing to the trunk lid gives it some Southern Cali style circa 1997 and the clear "Euro" lights were purchased through a Japanese-speaking broker from eBay.com. It all adds to the mystique and rarity of their ride over there since they have something that few others have. People at the Karuizawa Meet 2006 are going to go nutz over this style. So if you're truly RJDM and want to be snap up to date with the latest Japanese styling trends then you must emulate what they think is hot. And right now this is hot. The circular logic is ironic, no?

It's analogous to how the current VW tuning scene in Europe is like the Mini Truckin' scene in the early 1990's. People in Passat Variants are sporting tweed interiors, airbrushed checker board and neon sign paint jobs, and rolling on Boyd Coddington wheels.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
BTW is this the valve cover sticking out here? Did you actually have to cut the hood to make it close over the valve cover?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes that is the front of the valve cover. the hood is the one offered at erebuni and does not normally fit so i had to modify it to fit. it actually makes it look quite unique although having to do this is kinda lame for whoever designed the hood.

that is the wing i was thinking about getting btw, i think it would go well with the cf hood/side mirrors i already have. the kit itself is actually an erebuni kit and not a veilside although they are basically identical, i believe there is a vis kit that looks the same as well out there and the three often get confused.

as for the single wiper conversion it was one of the few things that was how the car was when i purchased it. that and the rims are about the only things the same body wise since i bought the car. someone asked me this before so i took a few pics a long time ago, hope they help.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
3uno5, (clever screen name by the way) :wink: Welcome to RJDM, that wing actually might work with your car as you already have the wild VeilSide Style Kit, and the Carbon Fiber Hood, Mirrors and what not. I like that Dark Blue Paint job, it works well with the CF parts too. Yeah i think if you can Drop that ho a bit, your car will be pimping in no time.

PhatMiata (^_^)

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Talk about stealing a thread, hahhaaa anyways, your Green beast has come along way! =D> Did you sell the KG Works TSI's? Cant really use them anymore with that RX7 front bumper.

PhatMiata

1 - 20 of 21 Posts