ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
just saw these on ebay, they look ok.
but i mean, it may be a better raceland type coil over system.
people are going to say they are **** and blah blah cause they arent 750+

the spring settings seem soft though, 6k front, 4 k rear.
idk im not suspension god though.

ive debated them but i really want a set of BC's
but dont want to die everytime i hit something

·
Registered
186 Posts
Has anybody tried these on an NB? Ebay pricing is 499 which makes them tempting given the decent reviews.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i just bought a set for $499 + $40 shipped so $539 total. i have a 90NA so we shall see.. i know anything will be better then my worn out shot suspension...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Had a buddy in the car today driving through Downtown Seattle's 'choppy sectioned' freeway... holy crap it was embarrasing... rears were full traveling and bouncing off the bump stop, totally looked like i was riding on cut springs.

Oldsettings:
Settings
F +20
R +8

Now:
F +20
R +16

I hope this will negate the 200lb passanger. by myself the rough road sections were fine...

This i'd imagine will work with the NB in the same fashion the NB shocks work great for the NA with the difference of the tophat being alot thinner then the NA OEM Tophats of the shock.

yeah 500 is what i paid, and still for the price. loving em. Next year a JIC set might be in order, i'll have to see how these handle on the track.

Mike

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
hallowpoint - 3k so far. Shock adjustment is nice. I still have the stock front swaybar so once that's replaced with the RB hollow, it might be just right for the street. I won't be able to track it until next year since i'm the stock open diff still. :(

·
Registered
197 Posts
what is your ride height with them?

·
Registered
197 Posts
So i installed mine today. install went easily as planned (have lift at work). ran into one little problem though. On the fronts the lower spring mounts (collar?) are to wide/fat to fit inside the whole in the upper arm. anyone else run into this problem?

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So i installed mine today. install went easily as planned (have lift at work). ran into one little problem though. On the fronts the lower spring mounts (collar?) are to wide/fat to fit inside the whole in the upper arm. anyone else run into this problem?

I threaded the lower piece all the way in, and adjusted the collar so it's above it, it's close but doesn't rub when arm is traveling.

mike

·
Registered
197 Posts
White - what is your ride height with them?
Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
NA8CSon - 11.5 measuring from the fender TDC to the center of the wheel.

measuring from the fender to the ground:
22inch front
22 & 1/4 rear

Hope this helps :)

a domomo - THATS EXACTLY how mine came.. that sticker say 'not for off-road use'? hehehehe..

So far they've been great for street... the times i want to push hard the initial turn in feels sloppy/not as responsive as i want, but i think this'll be fixed once the sway-bar is installed.

Going stiffer the 20clicks front/ 18back is going to make street commute impossible/unfriendly on my anus and i don't have the bride seat in yet.

·
Registered
399 Posts
So far these coilovers have been installed for about a week now and they feel pretty good for the price. I am at 27 clicks front and 18 clicks in the rear. I havent measured the height yet but the rear is already at its lowest and the front can go a lot lower than the rear. I am hoping the springs will settle a little lower over time...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Could one of you guys measure the plate thickness of the tophats? One thing I really noticed when I sold my Megans and bought some JIC's was a much thicker tophat plat (that and a much better spanner wrench amoungst other things).

21 - 40 of 60 Posts