ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So..here's the scenario. You have $100k to buy a car. Pure and Simple.

Do you go bonkers and pick up a brand new GT-R?

A Cayman R?

A 550+hp CTS-V Wagon?

How about a Corvette ZO6?

Or do you pick up something used..

A Gallardo?

How about an F360 Scuderia

Or an R8, perhaps?

Or are you like me and instead of buying ONE car or truck.. you pick up a few gems to build yourself a complete package, your own personal garage.. which would include something like a dirty lil rat rod

I'd have a big ass dually dropped on airbags

I'd need a mini luxo-barge like the long neglected Infiniti M45

But the crown jewel in the collection, without a doubt would be an NSX. In Championship White, of course.

All close to or under $25k and I'd still have some money left over for aftermarket parts..

What would you do?

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
nb4 "I'd buy some POS and save the rest."

edit: gah, pham already started that trend

This is purely hypothetical people. So anything you don't spend on a car or cars is lost.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Id buy my self some land from a government auction. You can get like 40 acers for like 8 thousand dollars. then secure a butt load of shipping containers. build a dope house, thats completely off the gird. ie* solar panels, wind and water powered generators. decorate it, so i dont feel like im living in a metal container. do a small shooting range, and buy myself volvo diesel waggon, since they last for ever and go 500-600 miles a tank. make it look dope as ****. and be happy. maybe a few guns that ive been looking at for a while. AND NO THIS ISN'T DUE TO THE SUDDEN PREPPERS SURGE. I JUST LIKE THE IDEA OF A FULL HUGE HOUSE FOR LIKE 10 GRAND.

AS FOR CAR WISE.

do a dope garage, with lift. fill it with
datsun 510 with an rb26

e30 bmw m3 with a v10 swap

and a 1990 toyota pick up for my daily driver. since they cant die

·
Registered
638 Posts
Caterham R500 Superlight. And a a doubedin Navi/DVD deck with ipod control.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I flip back and forth between a new (991) 911 or R8. So much speed, style, and luxury in both cars.

Honestly, I would be very happy with fresh paint on my 90 NA. It's embarrassing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Screw insurance! This is indeed purely hypothetical, guys. This is the kind of stuff you used to fantasize about when you were 16, sitting in the back of the cheese bus, on the way to high school. This is the kind of question that makes a true car-guy giddy with anticipation..just the thought makes your palms sweat and the gears in your head turn fast and furious. This question should hit the core of your manhood.

The money is for cars alone. Use it or lose it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'd probably not go for a super expensive car honestly. I'd use that money to buy one of every generation of Honda Prelude, and then modding it, and, spend the rest modding the Miata.

1st Gen:

2nd Gen:

3rd Gen:

4th Gen:

5th Gen:

I love Preludes so much. Jeez.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It would be pretty easy to pick up an NSX and then put maybe $30,000 worth of money into it. I'd just have the engine and suspension completely overhauled and lightly upgraded. Make sure the rest of the car was up to snuff, interior, fix any exterior blemishes, etc.

With the money left over I'd pick up a truck and trailer so I could tow the NSX around. I still imagine I'd have money leftover after that, which I'd put towards things like tires, race gas, wear items, etc.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Thought about it...

This.

·
Registered
638 Posts
100k Tekel 100k ...

·
Registered
446 Posts
You already mentioned three of my top pics for $100K. I'd get a CTS-V Wagon, Nissan GT-R, or Corvette Z06.

Mike

1 - 20 of 129 Posts