ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 11637 Posts

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
Re: You laugh you loose thread 2.o

Here's to hoping we can keep this one on track.

·
Closed Shell Syndrome
7,676 Posts

Comedy is always going to offend someone. I find it funny that people think comedy should be all neat and PC.
Like the "I'm so British I **** the queen" picture.
It should offend people, but probably won't because it's directed at Brits who revel in humour, but then if someone on Top Gear says something about Mexicans being lazy there's a shitstorm. It makes no sense.
It makes a difference with stuff like in the old thread where it just became fodder for inciting other people to anger and hostility, and not about the joke itself.
But if you're worried about offending someone, you shouldn't bother trying to be a comedian.
The first thing people need to laugh at is their own face in the mirror, because what's funnier than our own insecurities.
Sure, you can try to be innocuous, but it never works.
Gay because I love ****. Poor guy with laptop cooking bacon. It's all going to offend someone.

But, I'll digress with a short musical number.

·
Registered
984 Posts

Like the "I'm so British I **** the queen" picture.
It should offend people, but probably won't because it's directed at Brits who revel in humour..
Im British - I couldnt give a **** about the queen or that balls .. i dont know anyone who would haha.

·
Registered
904 Posts

So stretched ears are considered a hipster thing now? Makes sense, most of the hardcore kids I knew moved to williamsburg brooklyn a few years back and all think they are hot **** now.

Oooh look, a contribution!

41 - 60 of 11637 Posts