custom stainless 2" log type manifold for faster spooling
custom stainless 3" mandrel bent down and straight pipe
custom stainless 2.5" mandrel bent charge intercooler pipes
VR4 FMIC
460cc RX 7 injectors
Greddy Emanage Blue
GTX recirculating BOV
Blitz N1 Nur Spec 3" muffler
3" diameter 16" lenght resonator (optional)
stock fuel pump

comments, suggestions, violent reactions? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
3000GT VR4 has two sidemount intercoolers stock, not a front mount. As for the Galant VR4, I'm not sure, but my guess would be a single sidemount, as it shares engine and drivetrain with DSM's, pretty much.

Stock fuel pump might not be a good idea.

Why a T3 specifically from an R34...T3's are easy to find, get one in a junkyard....get a turbo from a Saab or Volvo or turbo Dodge or DSM or etc. etc.

Planning on using the Emanage to control boost, too? I think it is able to do that, but from what I understand, changing your boost settings would require a laptop, kind of a pain, in my opinion.

As far as manifolds go, why not use something available? Don't know if you're 1.6 or 1.8, but there's options for both...Greddy, Begi, HKS, FM, etc.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
by no means am i bashing your plan.

T3 from a skyline.. blah! i blew one up on my SR.(litterally)... if you can try and get ahold of a t28 off a S15 SR. Its ball bearing and spools up insanely quick if you have supporting mods.

i'd suggest getting an aftermarket fuel pump, as boosting past 8psi may be unsafe if you plan to do so.

an ebay intercooler may be the best way to go, unless you can get a starion which shouldnt be hard. i do know of people running sidemounts so you should be A OK there.

want to control boost? get an apexi unit or a good MBC. (apexi is my personal fav.. now that i have one and know how to use my expensive ass machine)

i dont know much about the emanage. i love my link and wouldnt go with anything else but haltech or nemisis, but thats out of the question. im sure it will suffice, but like ben said, it may be a waste. look into megasquirt... it's got quite good tunning capabilities.

what are you using this car for? how much power do you want?

give a little more info. your setup sounds to be a good entry level DIY, which could easily be upgraded later.

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
The Skyline's twin-turbo's fins are known to chip and fly into the engine. Just a heads up.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
While the Galant VR4 in the USA technically had a front mount intercooler, it was teh suck because it was small poorly designed and inefficient. Now the JDM ones were big and comprable to the starion intecoolers.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I'd downsize the hotpipe if i was you.

We went from 2.5 to 2.25 on my bro's turbocar and picked up a shitton of response from the car, as the turbo didn't have to work as hard to fill the piping. Felt about 38,000 times better.

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Pretty much a carbon-copy of what I am doing, good work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts