ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after a night of scratching my head, figuring out how to make it work......

tell me what you guys think, if there is enough interest i can prob take them into production, either fiberglass or carbon fiber, only thing i would be tottally worrying about is...... what kinda exhaust you're running, i had to custom my exhaust to make the diffuser fit. and my other concern was to have it installed without cutting any of the bumper, and most damage i had to do was to drill holes to the underside of the bumper

·
Registered
9 Posts
I saw a lot of that screenname advertising when I was in Kuwait while in the Army. It was normally hotmail addresses and ICQ numbers though. /no point at all to what I just typed.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd want one a little less "scoupish" and more just "finned" design.
That's just my taste!
That's a pretty awesome project and I commend your work! :)

(How'd you make it if you care to share!?)
would you prefer 2 or 3 fins down the middle channel? :?: i'll take more pictures later, its hard to shoot something that is black and dark in the shade during daylight. cause the 2 pieces that mount to the side and curved. its a lil off and a lil rigged but its just a prototype....i think thats how you spell it... :| and coming out of my stupid mountain of a driveway, i scrubbed it on the ground already #-o

but yea, taking all comments.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Re: your thoughts plz

Oh hell yeah! For once I'm not upset when someone beats me to an idea haha! I'd take it like that, a couple of fins in the middle section would be cool, just 2 would be enough.

Carbon fiber would be excellent, but fiberglass is much cheaper. Could you send me some more pictures? Maybe some including exhaust routing and mounting of the diffuser? Any cost estimates?

·
Registered
668 Posts
The functionality of speeding up air and reducing drag under the car would work.. Think of it as buying 10lbs wheels vs. 20lbs wheels. Every little bit helps right!?

I'm all game for running track events w. added high speed stability out on the rear end.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: your thoughts plz

Oh hell yeah! For once I'm not upset when someone beats me to an idea haha! I'd take it like that, a couple of fins in the middle section would be cool, just 2 would be enough.

Carbon fiber would be excellent, but fiberglass is much cheaper. Could you send me some more pictures? Maybe some including exhaust routing and mounting of the diffuser? Any cost estimates?
should be relatively cheap...last i heard CF prices were going up?? but anyways shouldnt be more than 300 for fiberglass, and around 600( give or take) for a CF version. im actually goign to redo my exhaust, so theres more clearance

·
Registered
668 Posts
I showed it to a friend.. he mentioned a perfect time to incorp. center exhaust.. :)
Now start thinking about a neat splitter for the front w. furled ends that can bolt onto or replace an existing front piece!!

ps, That multi pictured one I posted is Kevlar! :) yum

·
Registered
302 Posts
If you made a 2nd, I would buy it. This is incredibly attractive and if there are even marginal stability gains, I'm very interested.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
I showed it to a friend.. he mentioned a perfect time to incorp. center exhaust.. :)
Now start thinking about a neat splitter for the front w. furled ends that can bolt onto or replace an existing front piece!!

ps, That multi pictured one I posted is Kevlar! :) yum
That and pitcrew center exit would be tight.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts