ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
First off i'll explain my background, I'm a 19 year old from a very small town in the bay area so there's a big car scene with a huge variety. Ive had too many cars to count, but i'm always trying to go faster. I've had 3 LS1 camaros and a 2000 Corvette which lead me somehow to a miata. I searched around, found a turbo miata a couple weeks later and contacted the guy the first day it was posted for sale. The previous owner was total jack wagon and really had to think about buying the car because i knew there was no room for profit, but i decided to make the deal and managed to not kill the previous owner when the car wouldn't start to drive home. The plan, build a full on race car... by that i mean drain my bank account, drift, and put it on the track. ill post a couple pictures of my previous cars near the end, purchasing this miata has taught me a ton about the history of these cars and its much more interesting than your straight line muscle car.

the day of purchase

Put some ebay side splitters on and ended up liking the G-fuser style later so i sold them.

gives you an idea of my insanity

about a month later some parts stared coming in and i went out a bought a way over priced hardtop

Bought some smoked signal lights for $40, but i found these lights that im thinking of putting in my bumper and using as signals and then open up the original holes to use as air ducts (more for looks than function)

Did something fun with the ugly headlights. I used black duct tape at first now soe heat resistant paint.

Present:

"insert swagtastic post with tons of ebay parts, hopes of drifting, and a general bad attitude"

-OP deleted post. This sentence is pretty much the gist of what was talked about. As a general rule, don't take things so seriously on the internet or you're gonna have a bad time. We're all here to have fun and thick skin will go a long way.

For more information, please visit the thread he made on MT (http://www.miataturbo.net/build-threads-57/my-jdm-corvette-87018/)

·
CR Troll Patrol
2,785 Posts
re: The PMS Corvette (dics inside)

Not my style exactly, but it looks good. Plan to keep it turbo or swap in a LS?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts

Yeah I'm definitely not feeling it either. LSswap would be awesome though. I love my car ( begi turbo), but sometimes wish I had gone the v8 route!

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts

Geeze tough crowd in here. So OP, now that you have Swag Pack #2, are you going to go turbo or LS swap?

·
R U ?
7,092 Posts

so there's the mazdaratti and now the corvette miata...

and no actual mazerati or corvette engine swaps.

Good luck op

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

winlowe, humming and I say welcome to CR.

Btw whatever you're doing to the car, pleaz stahp. Kthnx.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So since the people on this forum don't like my car, I'm forced to start cutting it up and scraping the car entirely...

Trim makes it look cleaner IMO

When I get off work today I should have sometime to clean up that rear support somehow, then it's time to mount the diffuser and make haters hate.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Good luck op
theres no point to go broke by putting an LS in this thing... i like having money and a cool car

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts

Good luck op
dont forget the RWB miata that had nothing to do with RWB or even that style.

not that OP or anyone else should have to conform to any sort of naming convention that's even remotely descriptive of their car.

i think im going to rename my build thread too. mine will say "totally running, totally installed drivetrain, not sitting on jackstands in the garage miata."

·
Registered
159 Posts

Love the blue S60R!

Also you move very quick

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Love the blue S60R!

Also you move very quick
Its my moms lol i stole her garage space with this POS miata. the sonic blue S60R is very rare in california, i believe the count is either 2 or 3. btw my first car was a black 01' S60 fwd with a turbo

·
Registered
110 Posts

I like it. But if it isn't going to be raced, not cool bro.
spotted the the CF GT side mirrors. cool.
Trunk mounted wing is my only complain. I think the rear bumper frame mounts is better suited for that huge wang, but I'm no engineer.

Verdict: keep it coming.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts

***TRIGGER WARNING***
this thread: now with REAL JDM CORVETTE content.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

^ :woolery:

1 - 20 of 379 Posts