ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here are some pics of my recently arrived trunklid from Yours Sports in Japan ...

this special order item took weeks of emails to organise and even longer to wait for them to make it !!!

I am pretty happy with the results and there should only be aminimal amount of prep work before I can get this painted and fitted to the car properly.

fit isn't 100% perfect but it is decent enough to work with and is definately the right choice to balance my wide N2 tuckin99 fender flares that I have waiting to go on the car :lol:

oh well, will add pics when server allows :(

Attachments

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I LIKE! How much of a dent did it do to the wallet?
you really don't want to know ... ha ha ha

sufice to say by the time I paid for it + shipping + customs charge + tax + postal service fee for collecting the above two charges !!! I could have probably bought a cheap running Miata !

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Very nice! You know- over the years I've heard several times that Yours Sports is no longer in business...... so are they still in business, or did they just make one for you as a special favor?

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
retrorocket has the full replacement trunk that features a much higher duckbill. I have the shorter duckbill spoiler that attaches to the stock trunk lid. I like mine. I like retrorocket's much better.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Also note that the lip spoiler that attaches to the stock trunk lid retains the CHMSL while the replacement trunk lid does away with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Holy **** retro, thats crazy, its a nice looking spoiler alright.
(Note to self: Must get round to fitting the duck tail I got from you last year)

When will you have everything completed? It'll be a pretty unique machine when done.

·
3,542 Posts
Wow! They're all arriving at the same time, eh Michael? Looks great!

Are you sleeping on the couch yet? :lol:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Looks good, but I think I'd sooner buy the nopro spoiler and a junkyard decklid and have it molded in (and the CHMBL filled in.) 70% of the wow factor for alot less cost.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Looks good, but I think I'd sooner buy the nopro spoiler and a junkyard decklid and have it molded in (and the CHMBL filled in.) 70% of the wow factor for alot less cost.
That's certainly one approach. However, one benefit you wouldn't get is the weight savings of a 100% fiberglass panel. My YSCC spoiler is super light yet reasonably strong. I've seen a lot of fiberglass parts and I was impressed with its quality. If Michael's boot lid is anything like my spoiler it is probably a very light piece.

·
3,542 Posts
interesting ...
i'd still go with carbon fiber trunk and a alum wing
That would be me :oops: :lol:

Michael and I have different visions for our cars, I love his choices just as much as my own. When he's done, I believe his car (and Mr. Woolery's) will set the standard for BRGs =D>

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ha ha ha - yep, she has my car/trunk lid/fender flares/IRTB's?pit crew exhaust/wheels ( well almost ) - I am kinda glad that I saw her car half way through doing mine but a little pissed that it looks like I am ripping her ideas off !!!"

my interior is certainly different though - all I need to do now is save up enough cash for paint, tyres, a few engine bits and some minor wiring and trimming

ETA for the rocket is very early summer if all goes to plan !

... and yes, Kyle is correct in thet this probably weighs around 25% less than the standard trunk lid on its own without an add on spoiler added :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts