ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my monthly parcel from Japan for my car and a set of zoom engineering were one of the goodies inside :)

they seem to be really well constructed ( double skinned ) and a quick trial fit ( without the seal in place ) looked like they are a really good fit with equal lines around the adjacent panels ... all four cast in bolt boles also lined up perfectly with the holes in the bodywork ... see pictures below

Attachments

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they are not out of production as such I just don't think they are held in any number in stock ... they are more or less aspecial order item ... there is about a 2 week wait to get them made up

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
hmm. After looking at the back...

I wonder If I should try to make some for a fun fab project. I thing late 70's corvette lights would look sweet.

·
3,542 Posts
Does it come with metal trim rings around the lights?

Greg

PS the car's looking good, show us more! :twisted:

·
4,436 Posts

Greg

They should and unfortunately they simply use 3M weather strip to hold them in place. Once the rings are on, the setup really comes together.

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Greg

yes, they come with billet alloy trim rings and are fixed with 3m tape as Peter said !!!

I will be doing a mod of my own on these to fit them more securely ... the lenses are from a suzuki motorbike from what I can make out from the cast marks

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How can you get all these parts and I can't order from the website??? Tell me, tell me
I have been dealing with zoom-eng for a couple of years now and have built up a good relationship with Koga-san ... I have bought a LOT of parts from him for my car and now and have a wholesale agreement with him for parts

Because of this I can offer any parts from his website for actual price shown + 10% to cover shipping to USA / Europe and paypal fees for payment.

If there is anything you are after let me know, I may have some lying around ... if not I can get it to you within 10 - 14 days.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Thanks for the offer, retrorocket. It just doesn't make sense to me to order from you althought I will love to. You live in Scotland, Mr. Koga-San lives in Asia and I live in the other side of the world, Miami, FL.

I would love to purchase the Nakamae seats one day. They are freakin cool~!!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Michael, I hope to take you up on your very generous offer someday. I'm checking out Zoom's website now looking to see what I need/want next. Does your offer also extend to larger items like the Elan body kit or would that need to be worked out separately?

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Michael, I hope to take you up on your very generous offer someday. I'm checking out Zoom's website now looking to see what I need/want next. Does your offer also extend to larger items like the Elan body kit or would that need to be worked out separately?
If you are desperate for larger items I can help out but two lots of shipping on larger pieces probably wouldn't save you any money ... it works better here in the UK as I get charged import tax + one off postal service handling fee for that charge on each box of parts I get - oppposed to if people were buying in all of the items individually they would incur the same import tax charges plus all get the same $25 handling fee for that charge which on a box of say 10 starter button kits means I can sell them for a bit cheaper than it would actually cost to import them individually yourself ... if you see what I mean ( god that was wordy !!! )

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are thinking of buying anything from retrorocket he offers a great service.

I bought my Auto shift kit from him a couple of months ago,
He was great to deal with answering any and all questions quickly.

The package arrived promptly and well packaged.

Cheers
Mark

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cheers Mark ...

with all the mods on your car it just wasn't right you driving round with that "T-handle" !!! :wink:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Cheers mate.

It still brings a smile to my face everytime a mate jumps into to drive it, they keep looking for the clutch :)

Im just trying to butter you up mate, so you'll give me a good price on a Zoom eng meter dash panel :) :)

BTW if you ever sell those seats let me know, they look awesome.

Cheers
Mark

·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cheers mate.

It still brings a smile to my face everytime a mate jumps into to drive it, they keep looking for the clutch :)

Im just trying to butter you up mate, so you'll give me a good price on a Zoom eng meter dash panel :) :)

BTW if you ever sell those seats let me know, they look awesome.

Cheers
Mark

if you are after a console set just send me a PM and I can work you out a really good price :wink:

... seats will never be for sale unless I need fast cash to fund an M2 1001 purchase !!!
I had to do a lot of work on my sister's building project in my spare time to fund those bad boys !!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yea they are sweet, but have to go on the "If i only had the money list"

Cheers
Mark

1 - 20 of 21 Posts