ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
1 is purely functional, 2, well, I think they disrupt the lines a little. Not sure there's that much too technical about fitting a lid. You prime 'em, paint 'em, fit them. 4 bolts.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

·
3,857 Posts
1 is purely functional, 2, well, I think they disrupt the lines a little. Not sure there's that much too technical about fitting a lid. You prime 'em, paint 'em, fit them. 4 bolts.
On this car, I would call zero of them functional, see the intake

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/colinknowles/IMAG0916.jpg
You are wrong!
There is a function actually!(not positive though)
-To increase the Cx of the miata (which is already very bad so really who cares)
-To reduce the efficiency of the radiator (which is a bit important)

Anyway they are different but not my style...if I had them
->I'll put the air intake behind the left headlight and create an isolation box.
->I'll close the second lid opening on the right (just paint the area in the middle black to look open)
so at least I could use them toward the improvement of the power of my engine

·
CR.net Supporter
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah well a bit of sarcasm, well if you read the full thread then it states that all 8 bolts had to be drilled out, and some people like and some people dont its all down to personal choice and as it happens i love them, and so it would seem do quite a lot of Japanese roadster owners so they all cannot be wrong. As far as the intake goes they werent fitted for any other reason than the fact that i wanted them thanks for the replies guys :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
I had one of these back in ~2000. I remember I had to cut out the rubber seal where the light lid meets the bumper. Otherwise the light lid wouldn't sit flush. Maybe they improved the molds and made it fit better now.

These are probably my favorite intake light lids. Too bad mine was destroyed by a deer less than 6 months after I installed it!

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Ah well a bit of sarcasm, well if you read the full thread then it states that all 8 bolts had to be drilled out, and some people like and some people dont its all down to personal choice and as it happens i love them, and so it would seem do quite a lot of Japanese roadster owners so they all cannot be wrong. As far as the intake goes they werent fitted for any other reason than the fact that i wanted them thanks for the replies guys :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Just expressing my thoughts, as you wanted :? .

Are they genuine Zoom intakes; I know there are at least 3 different sources for knock-offs, which ironically might be better than the original. I hear the Zoom intakes don't fit so well, on account of the original mould getting old. maybe they finally got around to redoing them.

Surprised all 8 bolts needed drilling out; I know there can sometimes be a problem with the very early cars that used screws instead though. Other cars; in 10 years, never had a problem, on 4 different Roadsters; on some the crosshead rounded, but thats where a 8-mil comes in handy.

Apologies for not reading the thread; wasn't all that bothered, more interested in the pictures. You should have reproduced your write-up here.

·
CR.net Supporter
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just expressing my thoughts, as you wanted :? .

Are they genuine Zoom intakes; I know there are at least 3 different sources for knock-offs, which ironically might be better than the original. I hear the Zoom intakes don't fit so well, on account of the original mould getting old. maybe they finally got around to redoing them.

Surprised all 8 bolts needed drilling out; I know there can sometimes be a problem with the very early cars that used screws instead though. Other cars; in 10 years, never had a problem, on 4 different Roadsters; on some the crosshead rounded, but thats where a 8-mil comes in handy.

Apologies for not reading the thread; wasn't all that bothered, more interested in the pictures. You should have reproduced your write-up here.
Thank you for your thoughts, yes they are genuine zoom ones, not knock off ones, as you say with early ones (which mine is)and the issue with the screws mine was a real issue with these, hence the drilling out of all 8. In amongst the pictures there was a write up :D :D :D Thanks for your thoughts

1 - 20 of 21 Posts