ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know some ppl might not like me for saying this but if your shoes get wet, be prepared if you have zooms. my shoes were slipping all over the clutch / brake/ gas pedal, which made fore even more perilous driving in rainy conditions and i almost stalled the car. i'm thinking about getting some of that gritty tape they use in stair wells to put on my pedals...i love JDM but safety has gotta come first. :lol:

·
3,542 Posts
:shock:

I have zooms! I guess it depends on what shoes you're using but yeah I can see how they could get slippery when wet. MY pet peeve with them is how the "ZOOM" logo is slowly fading with use! :cry:

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
although not really JDM, you might consider the MSM pedals sold at your Mazda dealers in the USA, i have them on my car and they work great, all i had to do was to buy a dead pedal from a 2001 Miata and they slip right on!! 8) They are nice quality and even have the little "Mazdaspeed" logo on them.

I got mine from Rosenthal Mazda on sale for $89.00 last year. http://www.finishlineperformance.com/ They are much more $$$ now. The 2001 dead pedal was only $15.00

These would work well in Gregs Roadster, seeing as he has all the other Mazdaspeed goodies in there. :D

PhatMiata

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Sorry, I have to agree with the original poster. Clamp on and bolt on pedal covers are fundementally dangerous. Probably why they are illegal in the UK.

I had a set, lasted a week before I chucked them. Replaced with new rubber covers. Don't see the point though in all logo'd etc pedals. You don't see them :roll:

·
Registered
197 Posts
My WRX has those little rubber nubbins on the aluminum pedals. I'll never get a set of pedal covers that do not have them or grip tape on them.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
roadsternut said:
Clamp on and bolt on pedal covers are fundementally dangerous. Probably why they are illegal in the UK.
I disagree. I've got bolt on pedal covers on my car (OMP OA/1000) and I feel that they're safer than stock because the pedal placement is now custom tailored to my feet, preferred position and driving technique. My pedal covers have no rubber nubs yet my feet have never slipped from the controls. Should I ever desire more grip I could always use clear skateboard grip tape. There are lots of things that are legal yet completely stupid. On the same token, there are things that are illegal but it's the politicians who are stupid for defying all logic and common sense.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just bent my stock/ oem pedals to set up for heel/ toe etc. they work just fine. i figure oem pedals are about as JDM as you can get right...........?
j.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got a set of SRP Racing billet pedals - they require that you drill through the clutch and brake pedals to mount them. No way they'll come off, and the CNC machined edges make it almost impossible for your foot to slip even if your shoe is wet. Definitely help the confidence level when doing heel/toe - no worries you're going to roll off the brake pedal when stabbing the throttle.

Anyone know if there's anything similar offered by a Japanese company?

Cheers!

Jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts