ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what kind of rivets are used in the Zoom rear screen kit:

The material used in the screen appears unsuitable for cars with a rollbar, but I can get Vybak, either plain, or with a tint, pretty easily. The rivets look a nice way of finishing it off.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Interesting but I don't really understand what this product is supposed to do? Is it used to repair/replace a damaged rear screen without having to remove the entire top or rear window section?

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep; you cut the old window out, and glue/rivet the relacement back in lace. A piece of tinted Vybak will cost me about $30. The rest of my roof is perfect; it came off a VR-Limited when 3 years old, then spent the next 6 years stored in the dark. The window has browned though :(

Basically the same idea as some of the techniques described on miata.net, except you are gluing the new window to the exterior, on top of the old window rand. Vybak is a lot more flexible than the original material, and stays that way.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Very interesting.

What's that screen made of? Is it sort of in between a plastic window and a glass window? Will it fold down just like the plastic window?

joeyb

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I get the impression from the wording, because its not for cars with rollbars, its not that flexible. I've not interest in buying this kit for that reason, but interested by the technique.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts