ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Even the cutoff on the Dapper Lighting kit I had wasn't great. And that was supposedly designed for HIDs.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
OEM HID projectors have a sharp cutoff, whats the fucking point of running projectors with HIDs behind them if they cutoff isn't there? My current non-projector H4 setup with 55w bulbs has both a better cutoff and better visibility than the Dapper kit gave me. This is all personal opinion, of course.

You can't be serious if you think that a sharper cutoff isn't at least partially related to better optics, quality, and design (in most cases).

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
No, duchefuck, that's not what I was saying. I was responding to your comment which was essentially "DERH PEOPLE R DUM WHO THINK CUTOFFZ MATTER, I KNOW BETTER" by explaining that a sharp cutoff is usually a good indicator of a well engineered setup.

As for the pictures you posted above, both cutoffs look pretty nice to me, however I've never seen a headlight setup in person that was as dim as the top one. Looks like 3k projector fogs or something.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
tom550, so far you contributions to this thread are that "cutoff doesn't matter" and that "you cant judge brightness from a photo." Please do enlighten us with more of your factual knowledge, which seems oddly devoid of any kind of helpful explanation, personal experience, ect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts