ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 6762 Posts

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
let's keep this a fitment thread and not just posting pics of cars you like. It'll help all the noobs if you post the wheel specs and tire size. maybe even if fenders were rolled or pulled.

Front:
17x7+18
215/40
fenders rolled, liner removed.

Rear:

17x7+23
235/40
fenders rolled only.

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
thanks for the thread.
so now.... i wanna be sure about this.
im on 15x7 +38 with 205/50/15 and wanna get kinda sorta flush. i know how low ur car sits is also a factor. i just need a rough estimate for now, just to see if im on the right track.
i would need a 1" spacer to get me at +13ish right...or wrong??

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
let's keep this a fitment thread and not just posting pics of cars you like. It'll help all the noobs if you post the wheel specs and tire size. maybe even if fenders were rolled or pulled.
Agreed. Adding to the rules now. Deleting offending posts too.

And thanks to everyone for making this thread work so far. :)

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
thanks for the thread.
im on 15x7 +38 with 205/50/15 and wanna get kinda sorta flush. i know how low ur car sits is also a factor. i just need a rough estimate for now, just to see if im on the right track.
It'll make it easier on yourself if you keep to one unit of measurement. Let's use MM since you know what your wheels are. +38 et with a 25mm spacer will give you +13et.

And yes, get the 25mm spacer, you will like it, and so will we. :)

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Im looking at the Nitto Neogen 205/50's I can pick up a brand new set for 260 here locally. I think those shouldnt cause a problem. Fender rolling isnt a huge issue either, I have a couple friends around town that have the tools as well as the know-how to do it properly.

Opinion/thoughts on the Neogen 205's?
Good for stretching and doesn't run wide like grippy tires (azenis, r1r, etc.)

I didn't like them at all personally but XCLR8TN on the forum did iirc and a couple others

·
d[-_-]b 56-783
1,448 Posts
It'll make it easier on yourself if you keep to one unit of measurement. Let's use MM since you know what your wheels are. +38 et with a 25mm spacer will give you +13et.

And yes, get the 25mm spacer, you will like it, and so will we. :)
yes!!
alright.
thanks for ur help :)

·
woah
6,858 Posts
thanks for the thread.
sorry i forgot to mention, my last picture is a 15x7 +38 w/ a 25mm spacer. itll look close to that, but a bit more flush with 205/50s.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
This isn't tell a bad joke thread. Specs on your setup. And at least make sure its a setup someone else might want, I don't think anyone is going to be asking if the stock rims will fit if they've been spray painted.

·
I have the sack you want to ride.
4,639 Posts
What is flush?

Different people have different opinions. Here's mine:

"Flush" is achieving the appearance of minimal distance between the outer lip of your wheel and the outer lip of your fender without compromising alignment specs or tire width.
A lot of people are willing to leave the last part of that sentence off. I am not.

What are the variables?

In fitting wheels for flushness, the variables are:

Wheel width
Wheel offset
Tire size
Fender modfications
Ride height
Suspension alignment

We've already stated that this write up assumes you don't want to make huge sacrifices in tire width or alignment specs. More on that to come. Suffice to say we'll only be rolling fenders and sticking to a tried and true performance alignment spec.

Since this is CR.net - we're also going to assume you are running below 12" fender-to-hub ride height. Since we're also trying not to sacrifice too much performance, we're going to assume you're above 11". (The car that these specs are based on is 11.25" front, 11.75" rear)

What about fenders?

You'll have to roll the fronts and rears flat. You shouldn't need to pull fenders at all. I'm speaking from experience on an NB. NA may need a very gentle pull in the front depending on which tires you choose and how low you are.

You may choose to remove your front fender liners. However, you can probably get away with just trimming certain portions of them back with snips or a dremel. Again - depends on how low you are. The higher you ride, the less trimming you'll need.

What about alignment?

One of the benefits of sticking to the 8" +20 rule is that you can run reasonably low without being forced to run excessive negative camber in order to fit without rubbing.

For cars lower than 12", 949 Racing recommends:

Front camber: -2.8* (or as close as you can get to it)
Caster: +2.75 to +3.5*
Front total toe: 0

Rear camber : -2.5*
Front total toe: 0
That alignment will fit perfectly.

What's the wheel size?

Ready? IMO the optimal target is equivalent to an 8" wide wheel at +20mm offset. If your wheel is wider or narrower than 8" you'll have to do the math to see which offset is a close match.

For example: A 16x8 +20 sits within 3mm of a 949 Racing 6UL in 15x9 +36. If you put a 3mm spacer on the 6UL they'll be identically "flush".

What about tires?

The answer depends on your wheel width. If you have the 8" +20 wheel a 215 is about as wide as you will fit without pulling fenders in the front. (Again - speaking from NB experience) If you have the 9" +36 wheel 225's fit fine. Using those benchmarks you should be able to calculate what will work with your desired wheels.

Keep in mind that not all tires are created equal. One tire maker's 205 may fit like another maker's 215. Do your research.

Pictures:

Here are 16x8 +20 Rota Slipstreams with 215/45 Yokohama S-Drive tires.

Here are 15x9 949 Racing 6UL's with 225/45-15 Nitto NT-01's (no 3mm spacer in these pics)

Disclaimer: YMMV - This is what worked for me. Just because you followed some of the instructions above (or think you did) does not guarantee anything. Always do the research, the math, the test fitting and everything else yourself for your own situation. Don't come crying to me (or anyone else on CR.net) if you're not happy.

·
Supporting Member
956 Posts
it should also probably be mentioned that certain models of tires have more tapered sidewalls from the factory. typically, falkens tend to be slightly narrower as you approach the contact patch whereas toyo, for example, are closer to parallel. it's enough difference to affect your camber specs when fitting wide & low offset wheels.

"Keep in mind that not all tires are created equal. One tire maker's 205 may fit like another maker's 215. Do your research." .... looks like mk2tmr2 beat me to it :p

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Per Emilio's / 949 Racing's website for 6UL's

Fitments

90-05 Miata

15x7 (discontinued) Race fitment for Spec Miata. 205/50/15 fit no rubbing with Spec Miata suspension. 225/45/15 on ITA car may require trimming fender liner, depending on suspension bump travel.

15x7.5 +34 (discontinued) 195/45 - 195/50 - 205/50 - 215/45 - 225/45 fit standard length dampers no rubbing at all ride heights. 225/45 may require trimming liner with short body coilovers that allow the suspension to compress further than stock. 225/50 require trimming liners.

15x8 195/45 - 195/50 - 205/50 - 215/45 - 225/45 fit standard length dampers no rubbing at any useable ride height. 225/45 may require trimming liner with short body coilovers that allow the suspension to compress further than stock.
225/50: fit NB's fine, NA's require trimming liners and fender roll. 225/45: at least -1.25* front camber recommended for the NA, NB's clear with stock alignment.

15x9 195/50 - not recommended. 225/45: Tires fit NB with no mods needed, fits NA with slightly rolled fenders. 225/50: require rolling and pulling fenders, removing liners on NA, NB only requires slight roll. 235/50 Toyo R888: requires rolling and pulling on NA, roll only on NB, will rub top of tire at full compression. 275/35 require rolling and pulling, removing liners on NA, flat roll on NB. 20-30mm spacer recommended to fill aftermarket flares.

Tire/wheel will not clear stock front spring perches. Narrower 2.75" (70mm) Tein, JIC spring coilovers rub the tire at full lock. 2.5" (65mm) GC's and similar rub less at full lock. 2.25" (58mm) springs have no rubbing. Wheel may not clear front upper control arm when backing up at full lock, double check and use 3mm spacer if you get wheel to control arm contact at full lock/ full droop.

Brakes A ll 6UL's clear M-Tuned BRK, Goodwin Racing, MPCA, Winner Pro, Monster Miata Wilwood/RX7 big brake kits with one piece Corrado and two piece Wilwood rotors, 01+ sport brakes.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Rota RBs 13x8 et -4

front fitment with 185/60 13 Advan A048 roll performed but suprisingly not required. -1.5* camber

rear fitment with 205/60 A048s. tight fit. needed a roll and slight pull unfortunatly. -1.5* camber again.

sorry for the dirt, i live on a gravel road and all the roads around here are quite dusty and not in the greatest of shape. washing a car more then once or twice a month up here is useless lol.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
^^ Just wanted to add, any wider tire and lower offset would need/want flares to look good and not "mexi-flush"

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
lol pretty much. i was acctually worried about that. i intend to put a mild pull and a front lip to help balance it out a bit. mk2tmr2, your car is awesomeness.

·
who moved my Pinto?
587 Posts
Just want to enter this one into the "no roll needed" database...

Konig Retrack 15x7.5 32mm 195/55

Stock height and camber :(

no roll needed and easy room for 205 perhaps even 215 w/out rolling.

Should slam with no clearance issues at all. I'll do 1.5 to 2 degrees camber when I slam.

Dealer said they wouldn't fit.

Attachments

·
Juve per sempre
3,498 Posts
I'll post this info for the people going with flares.

15x9 +0 with a wide 225/45 toyo r888.

-2 chamber in the front.

This will clearly rub the fender line (because of the wide tire), but more important is, it will also rub the front bumper to some degree. I needed to cut away the stock fender/front bumper mount and a little slice of the front bumper. It might be possible to change the support arms and push the bumper and fender out.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
ok i post my first post in the wrong section..

im bout to get these bmw bbs wheels 13x6 et-13 and want to know if they will fit and clear my 97 na 1.8 calipers?
From what I understand, most 13's will clear into NB's, but not with sport package brakes. My guess is they will, but maybe someone more knowledgeable on that could point you in the right direction.

21 - 40 of 6762 Posts