ClubRoadster.net banner

1021 - 1037 of 1037 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Oooooo. Have much experience with the Speeduino? I'm super interested in it and ITBs.
No, I have a megasquirt waiting for this install. This project was on hold for a long time since I was moving, back when I bought all this stuff speeduino wasn't a thing. I'm also super-curious about these since arduinos are pretty amazing devices.

Speeduino seems like it could be a pretty awesome low-cost engine management solution for our cars.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I can probably help out, what info are you chasing?

I've been running ITBs with Speeduino on my NA6 for about a year now:
I read these comments and looked up what Speeduino is. I'm very interested in getting one now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can probably help out, what info are you chasing?

I've been running ITBs with Speeduino on my NA6 for about a year now:
Can you give a little info on how you adapted the Toyota TPS to work with Speeduiono? I know they sell a kit with a BMW TPS, but I don't see a way for that to work with the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TPS signal, if it's variable, you can just calibrate to what you get with it closed and open. The ecu will see the voltage drop and give that as (for example) a 16 bit number (0 volts 0, full voltage 65536) - you then calibrate 0 TPS position to whatever the ECU sees for 0% TPS, and 100% to whatever, for example 43200?. You check it a few times but that's typically all there is to it. Probably the simplest thing to do in any tuner software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Seems simple enough, thanks!

1 more thing, my silvertop throttle bodies didn't have a throttle rod between the throttle cable linkage and the actual bodies, anyone know if I can buy one somewhere or am I just going to have to make something myself?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems simple enough, thanks!

1 more thing, my silvertop throttle bodies didn't have a throttle rod between the throttle cable linkage and the actual bodies, anyone know if I can buy one somewhere or am I just going to have to make something myself?
When I was doing this to my 1.8 (I have since moved on to fitting an Alfa Romeo V6) I bought a cable operated conversion kit that got rid of all those rods and the slack they bring.

I think they were made in Australia?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Anybody ever done a supercharged ITB setup? I installed my ITBs awhile ago and have a JR supercharger on my desk as well as a plenum. I plan to install the SC at some point but I've never seen it done so I was curious to see if anybody made it work...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve got an interring problem, I’ve got the OBX dual feed rail but the forward NA 90 they use won’t clear the bolt holding the new rail bracket to the car, should I try a round Allen like they use for the rail to bracket?

What did you end up doing for this issue? Just lower profile bolts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’ve got an interring problem, I’ve got the OBX dual feed rail but the forward NA 90 they use won’t clear the bolt holding the new rail bracket to the car, should I try a round Allen like they use for the rail to bracket?

What did you end up doing for this issue? Just lower profile bolts?

I don’t remember if I ever fixed it, that set up is long gone. I’m fixing to sell the shell as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am running that linkage on my car. Works great. Purchased from Battlegarage.
Are you running a NB cable? I have a NA 1.6, and the cable was still way too long even with the bracket. I had to cut it, but I don't like how it turned out so I am considering buying the shorter NB cable if that fits perfectly (pedal stop is out and the pedal is already bent to achieve full throttle).

Also if anyone has any ideas about the OBX rail fitment issue before I cut the bracket and try to weld up a new one tomorrow, let me know!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone. So I have a 1997 1.8 miata. I have completed my itb build, and am trying to source a decent fuel and ignition map before sending it to dyno I want to check for leaks and such, possible test drive. Just wanted to pick some brains thanks. It's a very basic tame build. Side note I ended up capping the crankcase vent inplace of filter.

Build overview:
T3 adapter
20v blacktop throttle bodies
Toyota tps
Blox vaccum block
T3 Velocity stacks 75mm
FM fuel rail
Raduim catch can
Aem wideband
Racing beat headers
Adaptronic e420d ecu
Kobe k1 catback